Saturday 21 April 2007

Shabbat-o-rama: "Dallas"

Today, you will have the honour of discovering the French version of the opening credits of the cult 80s show "Dallas". I always thought that our version was a translation of the American one, until I moved to Canada and discovered in great astonishment, after years of ignorance, that you guys had a totally different song! I used to love that show when I was about 7 years old. I probably didn't understand anything that was going on, but knowing that JR was constantly cheating on Sue Ellen, that Bobby was a good guy, that Pamela always had nice outfits, and that Lucy was a bit of a slut, was enough for my enjoyment of the show. Actually, thinking about it now, it was like watching a live version of my Barbie games, house and pool included. I remember that my mom and her sisters found hilarious to compare every character of the show to members of my dad's family... I only understood why that was funny years later... Shabbat shalom!

2 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

I didn't watch the show but I certainly know the theme song. It just doesn't feel right without it.

Miss Worldwide said...

: )
If you watched it now, it probably wouldn't be as fun as watching it when you're 7 years old (and French)!